- Anthony Blinken And Austin Lloyd, The heads of diplomacy and defense of the United States met, Sunday, April 24 in Kyiv, with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, exactly two months after the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Washington announced the gradual return to the US diplomatic presence in Ukraine, and additional direct and indirect assistance of more than $700 million.
- Despite the numerous calls for truce On the Orthodox Christian Easter holiday, fighting and bombing continued.
- to me MariupolA new attempt to evacuate civilians to Zaporizhia failed on Saturday. Moscow and Kev blamed each other for these failures. Nearly 100,000 civilians are still stuck in the devastated city, which has been under siege since early March, and 20,000 people are said to have died there according to the city’s mayor. President Zelensky proposed to Russia a contract “Private session of conversations next to the Azovstal site”the last enclave of the Ukrainian resistance, referred to “Wait for answer” Russian.
- At least eight people, including a child, were killed on Saturday in Russian strikes on the port cityOdessaAccording to a report submitted by the Ukrainian presidency. The Russian army, for its part, claimed that it targeted “High-precision missiles” Logistics station at a military airfield near Odessa containing weapons delivered to Ukrainian forces by the United States and European countries.
- in the basin DonbassRussian forces ‘Intensified their attacks’ In three directions, according to the Ukrainian General Staff. in the area Luhansk Six civilians were killed, victims of Russian bombing near the village of Jersky. Close DonetskFive civilians were killed on Sunday. to me Korovy MayAnd drew Agence France-Presse, in the town of North Donbass, to the battles that took place at the entrance to the village. Ukrainian tanks and armored vehicles reinforced the counterattack and covered an attempt to evacuate 30 civilians.
- For its part, the Russian army indicated, on Sunday, that it carried out missile strikes Against nine Ukrainian military targets, including four ammunition depots south of the Kharkiv region. Moscow also said it carried out airstrikes against 26 targets, and 423 artillery strikes, without specifying locations.
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) she said to herself ‘Very worried’ Following the arrest of four members of the 2014 Ceasefire Monitoring Mission, in the separatist pro-Russian territories of Eastern Ukraine, which was set up after the conflict that erupted between these regions and how after Russia annexed the Crimea. called them “immediate release”.
- In Russia, what voice defies war keep choking. The popular chess site Chess.com was banned there, at the request of the Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, after publishing two articles on Ukraine that were described as ” wrong information “.
- Secretary General of United nationsThe United Nations said in a statement that Antonio Guterres will travel on Monday to Turkey, an important mediator in the conflict in Ukraine, before heading to Moscow and how.
- . number refugees The United Nations says that nearly 5.2 million people have fled the Russian invasion. More than 7.7 million people have left their homes but are still in Ukraine.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
a report. Away from the front, the Ukrainian city of Chernivtsi celebrates Easter without joy
runway. “The Russian military intervention in Ukraine is not based on any international legitimacy.”
a novel. in Poland , “help fatigue” Ukrainian refugees began to feel it
a report. Residents of Lyman, under fire from Russians and Ukrainians: “We have no intention of leaving even if the bombing continues.”
runway. Irene Tollerett, MEP: “Let’s not let Vladimir Putin use starvation as a weapon of war and chaos.”
you can find We lived yesterday at this link.
Why was my question not published? : How do ” the world “ Manages contributions to live tracks