Here is a complete guide to Fix connection error in Elden Ring On your Windows 11/10 PC. Elden Ring is the latest role-playing game which has already become popular among the game lovers. However, the game has its share of bugs and errors. Several Elden Ring players have been reporting connection errors lately. Such errors kick players out of the game and prevent them from playing it. Now, if you also get the same error, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we are going to mention several fixes that will help you get rid of connection errors on Elden Ring. So, without much ado, let’s examine the solutions.
The error messages you might see are:
- Unable to connect to the network
- Could not connect to server due to heavy load
- A connection error occurred.
What causes the connection error on the Elden Ring?
There can be various reasons for the connection error on the Elden Ring. Here are some of the possible reasons that could trigger the current error:
- You may receive the error because the game servers are down. Therefore, make sure that the current server state of the Elden Ring is up and running. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the servers to be up and running again.
- In most cases, connection errors are caused by poor internet connection. Since the game requires a stable and proper internet connection, check your internet connection and make sure that there is no problem with your internet connection.
- A bad router cache can be the cause of the current error. So try to recycle the network device to fix the error.
- If you have outdated or corrupt drivers on your computer, this can also cause communication error on Elden Ring. So make sure your network and other device drivers are up to date.
- The problem may also be with your DNS server. If you are dealing with a bad DNS cache or inconsistency with your default DNS server, you may encounter a connection error. So, try clearing the DNS and switching to the Google DNS server to resolve the error.
Depending on the above scenarios, you can apply the appropriate fix to get rid of the error.
Fix Elden Ring Connection Error on PC
Here are the ways to fix connection error on Elden Ring:
- Check the status of the Elden Ring server.
- Check your internet connection.
- Cycle your router/modem.
- Update your network and other device drivers.
- Clear your DNS.
- Configure a public DNS server.
Now let’s discuss the above solutions in detail!
1]Check Elden Ring Server Status
One of the most common causes of connection error is server problem. So, the first thing to do when you receive a connection error is to check the current server status of the Elden Ring. If you discover that there is a server outage or the servers are under maintenance, you will have to wait for some time for the problem to be resolved on the server side.
To check the Elden Ring server status, you can use a free server status detection tool to see if the servers are down. You can also check the official Elden Ring social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, or any other social network for server status. If there is no server problem at the end of the Elden Ring, there must be another reason for the error. So, try the next possible fix to solve the error.
2]Check your internet connection
In most cases, the connection error is triggered by an unstable or poor internet connection. So, make sure you are connected to a stable and fast internet connection before starting the game. Here are some tips that you can follow to improve your internet connection:
- If there is a problem with WiFi, try to troubleshoot WiFi problems on your computer.
- If possible, you can try to use a wired connection as it is a more stable and reliable connection.
- If multiple devices are connected to one internet, try to disconnect all other devices from that network to avoid bandwidth throttling and then see if the issue is resolved.
If the above tips did not work, you can move on to the next potential fix to fix it.
3]Cycle your router/modem
You can also try restarting your network device i.e. your router/modem then see if the issue is resolved. In many cases, the connection problem is caused by a bad router cache. If the scenario is applicable, this method should solve the problem for you. Here’s how to recycle your router/modem with power:
- First, press the power button on your router to turn it off.
- Now unplug the device from the main switch and wait at least 30 seconds.
- Then plug the router back in and turn it on normally.
- Finally, connect to the Internet and then restart Elden Ring to check if the error is fixed.
Related: Fix New World Connection Errors on Windows.
4]Update your network and other device drivers
The connection problem may be caused by outdated or faulty network drivers. Therefore, if the scenario applies, you should update your network drivers and then retry connecting to the online services in the Elden Ring. Besides, you should also consider updating all your device drivers to avoid any other issues while playing.
To update network drivers, here are the methods you can try:
- You can update network drivers manually by opening the Settings app and going to Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional update. Here you can find pending updates for network and other drivers that you can download and install
- You can also try using the Device Manager app to update network card drivers.
- Another way to update network drivers is to visit the official website of the device manufacturer and download network drivers from the direct source.
- There are many free third-party driver update software out there to automatically update your network and other device drivers.
After updating your network and other device drivers, restart your computer, then turn on Elden Ring. Hopefully, you won’t get the connection error in case the connection error is due to outdated drivers. However, if the same error still appears, then move on to the next potential fix to solve it.
to see: Fixed VALORANT VAN login error codes 135, 68, 81.
5]Clear your DNS
If the connection error on the Elden Ring is due to invalid or corrupted DNS cache, you can try flushing DNS. After clearing the DNS cache, you can try to restart the game and then try to connect to the online services to see if the issue is resolved.
Here are the steps to flush DNS on Windows 11/10:
First, open Command Prompt as administrator.
Now type the below command in CMD:
After that, hit the Enter button to execute the above command.
when you receive”DNS Resolver Cache Cleared Successfully. In CMD, you can close CMD and restart the game to see if the error is fixed.
Read: Elden Ring black screen flickering on Windows has been fixed.
In many cases, DNS server issues are causing a connection error. If there is a conflict with your default DNS server, it may prevent you from connecting to online services in Elden Ring. So, you can try to change your default DNS server to a more stable and reliable DNS server to fix the error. Several affected users were able to fix the error by setting up a Google DNS server on their computers. You can do the same and see if the error is fixed or not.
You can try the steps below to switch to Google’s DNS server:
- First, use Win + R to bring up the Run dialog, then enter ncpa.cpl in it to start the Network Connections window.
- Then simply select and right click on your active connection, then click properties to choose.
- Now in the properties window, press Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option, then press properties button.
- Then choose File Use the following DNS server addresses Then enter the following addresses in the respective fields:
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Finally, hit the Apply > OK button to apply the changes.
I hope this method solves the connection error on the Elden Ring for you.
How to fix FPS drops on Elden Ring?
You can fix FPS drops issue on Elden Ring by updating graphics drivers and optimizing your graphics card settings. In addition to that, you can also try to check the integrity of game files or disable the overlay feature to fix the problem.