Subway shooting suspect arrested, will be prosecuted for ‘terrorist attack’

“We will continue to narrow the snare around it and stop it,” promised in the morning the Democratic Mayor of New York, Eric Adams, anticipating at the juncture the theme of fighting crime, which he had made the subject of his campaign. To be elected last year.

Police have been searching for more than 24 hours for Frank James, a 62-year-old African American accused of multiple shootings on the N line train at the 36th Street station in South Brooklyn.

On Wednesday, New Yorkers received an “urgent” message on their phones asking them to hand over any useful information to investigators. A reward of 50,000 Australian dollars has been placed on the table.

on youtube

And the man had deleted a page on YouTube entitled “Prophet of Truth”, on Wednesday morning, due to “violating the rules of society” of the site. He’s posted several videos there in which we see him making long, sometimes garbled and violent statements, raising issues of racism and insecurity in New York, especially on the subway, and attacking homosexuals, or the new mayor Eric Adams.

As the search for the shooter, described as “dangerous” the day before, continued, millions of New Yorkers took to the subway, one of the world’s largest, to go to work, and some posted selfies on social networks for viewing. That life was returning to normal.

“We don’t wake up in the morning thinking we won’t come home or we’ll hurt ourselves on the way there. This is New York, the city never stops,” said Sonny Washington, a 35-year-old mechanic, while concerned that the suspect was still In the wild.” “I have always taken care of my surroundings since September 11 (2001). “But there have been more accidents on the docks recently, so I’m paying more attention,” added Laura Swalm, 49, who lives in neighboring New Jersey.

Angela Weiss/AFP

fired 33 bullets

On Tuesday morning, around 8:30 a.m. local time (12:30 p.m. French time), at a time when metro trains were crowded, the person, who was wearing a gas mask, lit two devices that smoked the car, then shot the car. Passengers as the train enters the station.

about the same topic

New York City Subway Shooting: What Happened?

New York City Subway Shooting: What Happened?

A shooting in the New York subway injured at least 23 people on Tuesday, 10 of whom were shot. The suspect is still at large, but the attack is not currently under a “terror investigation,” according to the police chief

“We were really lucky that it couldn’t have been more serious,” NYPD Chief Kishant Sewell said, summarizing the relief of the authorities. The suspect fired 33 rounds. “All you see is black smoke, and I turn to the right, and I see this guy wearing a mask,” testified on CNN One of the victims, Harari with critics, since he was in his hospital bed.

The shooting lasted about a minute […]. I’ve never heard so many shots coming out of a pistol… […] This man, who was hit in the knee, added, “He may have had extended magazines or another firearm. At the scene, investigators found a pistol and three magazines.”

The attack came as New York has faced a spike in crime rates since the COVID-19 pandemic, with the number of murders rising from 319 in 2019 to 488 in 2021, although the annual number is still well below the 2,000 recorded annually. In in the early nineties. Shootings have also continued to rise since the start of the year, rising from 260 to 296 in the first quarter of 2022, according to police numbers, some of which feature lives, such as the 17 deaths on Friday. A 1-year-old girl was shot and killed outside a high school in the Bronx.

A terrorist attack

US authorities have said the shooter will be tried under a law that prohibits “terrorist attacks and other violent acts against them.” […] public transportation,” the federal prosecutor said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.