In this article, we are going to take a look at the different solutions that you can try if you Unable to turn on Google Drive for PC Windows 11/10 operating system. Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud services available in the market. Not only does it offer cheap storage plans, but it also makes syncing between different devices and platforms a breeze. The best thing is that it is available as a web form as well as a desktop application. However, several users reported issues while running the Google Drive app on their Windows PC. So, if you are also facing the same problem, then proceed with our troubleshooting guide to get rid of the problem.
Unable to launch Google Drive for desktop
Here are several fixes you can try if you can’t get Google Drive for PC on your Windows 11/10 PC.
- Restart your computer
- Clear Google Drive cache data
- Change your Google Drive proxy settings
- Run Google Drive in administrator mode
- Allow Google Drive through Windows Firewall settings
- Start an SFC scan
- Reinstall Google Drive
Now let’s see all the solutions in detail.
1]Restart your computer
The first thing to do is restart your Windows computer. Rebooting turns out to be the best way to get rid of playback issues in any app. So, restart your Windows PC, open Google Drive for Desktop Client and check if the issue is resolved. If so, you are good to go. However, if you are still facing the launch problem, try the technical solutions listed below.
2]Clear cache data from Google Drive
All applications including Google Drive cache data which helps this application to provide a faster and smoother user experience. However, on the negative side, a huge amount of cache data can become the main reason behind the launch problem. As a workaround, you will need to clear the app’s cache data from your system to fix the problem. Here is how to clear Google Drive app cache data from Windows 11/10.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R hotkeys.
- In the search bar, type %userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Google\ and press the enter key.
- In the next window, open a file FS driver Issue.
- Select everything inside and choose the permanent delete option.
This is. Reboot your system now and start Google Drive. Check if the playback issue is resolved or not.
3]Change Google Drive proxy settings
You can change your Google Drive proxy settings to fix the problem. It turns out that misconfigured proxy settings can be another reason why there is a problem running Google Drive on your Windows PC. So these are the changes you need to make to your Google Drive proxy settings.
- In the system tray, click the Google Drive icon.
- Click on the gear icon located in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the context menu, choose File Preferences to choose.
- Click on the gear icon again in front of your profile picture.
- In the next window, select File direct connection The current option is under proxy selection Section.
- Click the Save option to save the settings.
- Click on Restart now From the prompt that appears to apply the changes.
Now Google Drive will restart on your system. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
Read: How can I fix problems uploading files to Google Drive?
4]Run Google Drive in administrator mode
Sometimes, the lack of administrator privileges can be the main reason behind the launch problem. Most text apps, including Google Drive, need admin rights to provide a smooth experience. You can activate the mode by following the steps below.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Google Drive.
- Right click on Google Drive and choose FileRun as administrator to choose.
- Click Yes at the User Account Control prompt that appears.
Now check if the issue is resolved or not.
5]Whitelist Google Drive via Windows Firewall Settings
Windows Firewall comes with a feature that blocks malicious applications from your system. So if the firewall considers a Google Drive app in this category by any means, you will have the problem of launching. To fix the problem, you need to allow Google Drive through Windows Firewall settings. Here are the steps you must follow.
- Open the Start menu and search for Windows Security.
- Click on Firewall and network protection From the left panel of the screen.
- Select the Allow an app to pass through the firewall to choose.
- Click on Edit the parameters to choose.
- In the list, find the Google Drive option and check both Spread And public Cans.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Reboot your system now and start Google Drive. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
6]Run an SFC scan
Corrupted Windows system files are another major reason behind the mentioned issue. Fortunately, you can get rid of these files with the . extension System File Checker or so sfc.exe Windows tool. You can recover all corrupt Windows system files by running this utility. Here are the steps to run an sfc scan.
To get started, type CMD in the start search box.
In the search result, right-click on CMD and choose File Run as administrator to choose.
Type the code mentioned below in the Command Prompt window that appears and hit the Enter key.
The sfc scan will run for a while and will automatically replace all corrupt system files on restart. Once the process is complete, launch Google Drive and check if the issue still occurs.
Read: How do you block someone on Google Drive?
7]Reinstall Google Drive
The changes are small, but if you’re still having trouble getting Google Drive to work on your Windows PC, the last thing you can try is to reinstall the app on your system. For this, to solve the problem.
Related: Google Drive keeps crashing constantly on Windows PC
Why won’t my Google Drive open on my desktop?
There can be several reasons why Google Drive won’t open on the desktop. But among all of that, poor internet connection or corrupted cache can be the main culprit. Besides this, misconfigured proxy settings and Windows Firewall can also be responsible for the problem.
read more : How to move a file from OneDrive to Google Drive?